Import Customers, Sites, Equipment, Parts & Services, Users
Synchroteam allows you to import your data to get started quickly.
It is imperative to respect a certain order in the import process to ensure the optimal performance of the application.
- First, you need to import your customer base.
- Then you can import your sites, making sure that they are linked to a customer that you have previously imported.
- Finally, you can finish with the import of equipment, which in turn need to be linked to your customers and sites previously imported.
Click on "Settings" from any screen --> "Import / Export"
Choose the type of Data you want to import
Example: please click on "Import Customers"
1- Click "Upload"
2. Choose a .csv file containing your Customer list
Click on "Preview"
You can now proceed with the Mapping:
1- Please indicate the email address, to know the result of the import
2- Indicate the CSV separator
3- Please indicate if the first line is the header, if yes it will not be imported
4- Please map each line with the corresponding title
5- When ready hit "Import customers"
You can navigate with the arrows on the right so as to view the first 3 lines in your .csv file
Rules on data creation and update
Importing only creates and updates your data but does not delete any of your existing Customers, Sites, Equipment, Parts & Services or Users.
In order to create data please take notes of the 2 following rules:
1. Should you wish to create several parts & services please make sure that none of them have both the same Category name and Designation.
In fact, if 2 parts have the same Category name and Designation then only one part will be created or updated.
2. When importing your clients, sites or equipment make sure that you differentiate them in order for them not to have the same name.
If some of your clients, sites or equipment have the same name then you can bend this rule by creating custom numbers for each one of them.
For more details on how to import your own references into Synchroteam for Customers, Sites or Equipment, please refer to our article "Import your own References".
Export Customers, Sites, Equipment, Parts & Services and Users
Choose the type of Data you wish to Export
1- Example: please click on "Export Customers"
2- Select the Export format and Data separator
3- Hit "Export"
Should you decide to edit your data by exporting you data in CSV under Excel, please note that phone number cells will lose the + symbol.
Therefore, before reimporting your file you need to put those cells in text format and add a +.
This error does not occur when you do your export under Excel (and not under CSV).
For more details you can refer to the following article : : https://www.data-8.co.uk/news/blog/Opening-CSV-files-with-telephone-numbers-in-Excel