Synchroteam allows you to set up notification triggers and rules for each Job status change (Scheduled, Started, Completed,...).
For each notification configure the recipient, message type (text message, email or both). Use merge codes to personalize the message content. For instance, when a technician starts a Job, a text message is sent to the manager; when the Job is completed an email is sent to the customer with a download link for the Job report.
In order to send text messages you must purchase text message credit blocks from the Synchroteam application.
Please note, that for notifications with "Event origin: Technician" or "Event origin: All", technicians are required to have at least the version 50.X of the Synchroteam application in order for all messages to be sent automatically.
TEXT MESSAGE ACTIVATION
In order to activate the SMS extension go to "Settings" (1) > "My Account" (2)
You can also activate them in "Settings" (1) > "More" (2) > "Integrations" (3).
Then in order to activate the sms notification extension just click on the cross to open the setup section.
1. Purchase SMS credit packs
You can purchase SMS credits in "My Account" or in "Integrations".
Click on the button "+ Purchase/renew SMS credit Pack"
In the window select a Package Size (1) and click on "Buy" (2).
In the confirmation window click on "Yes" to validate your purchase.
Once the purchase is complete you will see the increase in your Credit Balance and you will receive your invoice in "My account" > "Bills".
2. Auto-renew and Warn at
You can choose to activate the auto-renew should you prefer to have an automatic repurchase of the pack you previously bought once your SMS credit balance is back down to a certain limit.
To activate the Auto-renew please check the "Auto-Renew" box (1) and in the below field "Warn/Auto-renew at" (2) set a limit of credits at which you will want to the automatic purchase to occur, then click on "Save Settings" (3).
If you decide not the activate the Auto-renew then administrators will receive an email notifying them that you have reached the SMS limit set at "Warn at" (2), asking you if you would like to repurchase SMS credits.
3. Limit at 160 characters
Keep in mind that 1 text message of 160 characters equals 1 credit.
If your SMS exceeds 160 characters then it will use an extra credit.
Therefore should you wish to limit your SMS consumption you can tick the checkbox (1) so that your SMS only send the first 160 characters and will cut out the rest of them, then click on "Save Settings" (2)
Please note that only a certain number of characters are handled by standard text messages (specifications GSM 03.38). If your text message includes any special characters or non latin letters (e.g. ù, ç, é, ', /...) then 1 sms credit will equal 70 characters.
You can also view the list of the last 100 sms sent by clicking on the button "Last Sent SMS" (3).
4. Customize the phone number
You have the ability to change the phone number which sends out your notifications.
You can therefore, for instance, decide to put the name of your company as the sender, so that your customers know from whom their text is coming.
To do so, enter a text with a maximum of 11 characters (1) (without any special characters) and click on "Save".
NOTIFICATION SET UP
Go to "Settings" (1) > "More" (2) > "Notifications" (3).
To create a notification click on "Add".
In the notification window you will need to select a trigger, (1) choose a notification method and recipient (2) and type in your message (3).
Please note that you can send multiple messages for one notification trigger.
To do so you can click on the button "+ Add message" (4) or you can duplicate the message of your choice by clicking on the double file icon (5) next to it.
You can also decide to send notifications only for a job type and/or for a customer in particular (6).
1. Select a Trigger
- Choose an event for which you will want the notification to be sent
Notifications can be sent foe a job created, scheduled, started, suspended, completed, validated, cancelled or unscheduled.
- Choose the person responsible for the event
Events can be triggered by an Administrator/Manager, the customer, the technician or either one of them.
2. Choose a Method and a recipient
- Choose to send an Email,Text Message or Webhook.
- Select a recipient from the drop-down list:
- Administrators: to all administrators' email addresses or phone numbers
- Technician(s) assigned:To the main technician or to all technician's assigned
- Managers: to all managers' email addresses or phone numbers
- Job creator: to the administrator, manager or technician who created the job
- Report Field (Enter label): to the email address or phone number typed in by the technician in the given field from the Job report template
- Custom (Enter manually): to any email address or phone number that you type in
- To all "Email" or "Phone" Custom Fields (defined as a "Type") related to your jobs, technicians, customers, sites, equipment
3. Message content
You can now type in your message and use a long list of fields which will enable you to customize your message based on the information linked to the job triggering your notification?
List of available fields :
- Job related: dates and times scheduled and carried out, the job report PDF link, job number, job description, job type, contact, etc. as well as all your job custom fields
- Technician related: names and custom fields
- Customer/Site/Equipment related: names and custom fields
Once you have selected the trigger, the method, the recipient and written your message you can click on the "Save" button.
The only two differences between emails and text messages are that !
- Emails need to have a title
- Your text messages might be truncated if you have selected a limit of 160 characters (see above part)
4. Send a text notification with delay
Synchroteam allows you to send text message notifications with delay.
You can set up a delay for the following job status: scheduled, started, completed, and validated.
Here are the delay options based on the chosen job status :
- scheduled: message sent X minutes/hours " before Scheduling date"
- started: message sent X minutes/hours " after Job has started"
- completed: message sent X minutes/hours " after Job is finished"
- validated: message sent X minutes/hours " after Validation date"
To apply a delay:
1. Select 1 of the 4 job status listed above
2. Create a text message
3. Tick the delay box and set a number of minutes or hours for the delay.
Please note that once a notification with delay has been sent out for a job then Synchroteam will not be sending another notification should you decide to reschedule, restart or revalidate a job.
5. Send your notifications by Webhook
A WebHook is an HTTP call made on an event
You can use as an example the https://webhook.site which allows you to create temporary URLs and to check the content of all HTTP requests which call this temporary URL.
6. Select the filters
Select a job type and / or customer for which you would like to generate notifications.
Once selected, notifications will only be sent out for jobs which have the selected job type and / or customer.
7. List of notifications sent out
You will be able to view the list of the last 100 SMS sent out by clicking on the button "Last Sent Text Messages" or the list of the last 100 sent emails by clicking on the button "Last Sent Email".
You can also see the list of all notifications sent out for each job by going to the job’s details.
When the customer creates a job via the customer portal I would like, as an manager, to receive an email in order for me to schedule it.
When I schedule the job I would like for the customer to know by email and for all technicians (principal and auxiliaries) to receive a text message, giving them the contact information related to the job.
When the technician completes a job I would like the customer to receive an email containing the link towards the job's PDF report.
Survey notification example:
Synchroteam allows you to insert web links in your message content.
For instance, you can create a customer success survey which would be sent to your clients via Email or text message notifications.
As you can see below, we have decided to send an email to our customers, whenever one of their jobs has been validated by an administrator or manager, in order to get their feedback.
You can create online forms via many platforms. Here is an example: